A Love Supreme
In the largest wedding celebration in the history of the hotel and the building that houses it dating back to 1893, the Chicago Athletic Association hotel (12 S. Michigan Ave.) is proud to announce A Love Supreme, an inclusive, joyous celebration of marriage and unity, taking place in Stagg Court on Sunday, April 9. With a portion of the proceeds benefiting Howard Brown Health, A Love Supreme seeks to unify the many circles of the city’s community, forging connections and strengthening ties with one another with the underlying message that in Chicago, love always wins! By celebrating love together in a shared space, A Love Supreme invites all versions of love to be married collectively, en mass to honor the advances made as a community and nation.
A nuptial affair put on in collaboration with local Chicago partners Slo ‘Mo, Marquette Avenue Events, Artistic Blooms, Rose Photo and LEAP Weddings, A Love Supreme invites LGBTQ couples to exchange their vows in a nontraditional, shared ceremony with the love of 15 partner couples for a reduced and all-inclusive wedding rate of $4,680 per couple. People of all genders and sexualities are invited to wed the loves of their lives in celebration of the beautiful variety of expressions that form our LGBTQ community. Special thanks to our National Partners OkCupid for helping us in the search for our 15 beautiful couples.
All featured event spaces are wheelchair accessible, and the bathrooms used will be gender neutral facilities. The language used in materials as well as remarks, including that given by the wedding officiant, fondly regarded LGBTQ community leader and Chicago personality Kristen Kaza, will be mindful of all genders and sexualities.
For all couples opting into this celebration of love, A Love Supreme offers the following in each package:
- Wedding planning consultation
- Junior Suite for Saturday afternoon check-in and Monday morning departure
- Pre-ceremony photography and video coverage
- Invitation of up to 20 guests per couple
- Ceremony officiant
- Floral arrangements (décor and personal bouquets/floral to wear)
- Wedding photography and video coverage
- Wedding planning management
- Reception DJ – Audio Jack of Slo ‘Mo: Slow Jams for Homos
- Champagne toast
- Open bar
- Hosted wedding buffet
- Windy City Dinner Fairy wedding cake & cupcakes
- Reception photography and video coverage
- Wedding planning assistance throughout
- Click here to meet the key Chicago partners helping bring to life the individual wedding tastes of A Love Supreme.
To become a part of this first-of-its kind ceremony at the Chicago Athletic Association hotel on Sunday, April 9, couples are asked to contact email@example.com; each inquiring couple will receive a brief application to submit.
April 9, 2017 5:00 pm - 11:59 pm
Other Upcoming Events
- Madison Ballroom - -
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- The Tank - -
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- The Tank - -
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM