TRIBUTE TO TAKASHI MURAKAMI
Join us for part opening party, part homage to the artist on Monday, June 19th. The Chicago Athletic Association hotel opens it’s doors to the Tank for an after work soiree where guests are invited to mix and mingle literally on top of our custom installation inspired by Takashi Murakami’s MCA exhibition. We will be playing Jellyfish Eyes, written and directed by the artist throughout the evening. Sounds by DJ STEFAN PONCE.
Artist-inspired delights will be available for purchase from;
- Cindy’s Chef de Cuisine, Keith Potter
- Chicago Athletic Association Chef, Josh Miyake
- Executive Pastry Chef, Jove Hubbard
- Cindy’s Spirit Guide, Nandini Khaund
- Land and Sea Dept. Beverage Director, Paul McGee
This event is complimentary and open to the public. RSVP does not guarantee entry if event capacity is reached.
(Background of flier: Takashi Murakami, Flowers, flowers, flowers, 2010. Acrylic and platinum leaf on canvas mounted on aluminum frame, 59 x 59 in. (150 x 150 cm). Collection of the Chang family, Taiwan. © 2010 Takashi Murakami/Kaikai Kiki Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.)
JELLYFISH EYES • JAPAN • 2013 • 101 MINUTES • IN JAPANESE WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES
- The directorial debut from acclaimed artist Takashi Murakami, Jellyfish Eyes brings its creator’s endless imagination to the screen in a tale of family, friendship, and loyalty, set in a world of fantasy that only Murakami could conjure. Having moved to a country town with his mother following the death of his father, young Masashi (Takuto Sueoka) immediately makes a most unlikely friend: a flying, jellyfish-like sprite that he nicknames Kurage-bo. Taking Kurage-bo under his wing and into the classroom, Masashi soon discovers that his schoolmates have similar friends—and that they, their creators, and the town itself are not all they seem to be. Pointedly set in a post-Fukushima world, Murakami’s film carries a message of cooperation and hope, while boasting unforgettable creature designs and handcrafted special effects nearly a decade in the making. A touching triumph of creativity and wonder, Jellyfish Eyes is a must-see for film lovers of all ages.
|TRIBUTE TO MURAKAMI PARTY||$0|
June 19, 2017 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Other Upcoming Events
- White City Ballroom - -
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM